775 Sqr KM forest area between Mohana and Suhaili river was declared as reserved forest in 1861.In 1977 Government declared 614 sqr KM area of district Kheri reserved as Dudwa National Park. Dudwa National Park is known as the Ist National Park of the state after formation of Uttrakhand.Another reserve area "Kishunpur Pashu Vihar" sanctuary located about 30 KM from Dudwa.Spread over about 204 sqr.km. , it lies on the banks of river Sharda and is surrounded by Sal forest of adjoining reserve forests.
In 1987 Dudwa National Park and Kishunpur Pashu Vihar was merged to form Dudwa Tiger Reserve (DTR). The Dudwa Tiger Reserve has total area of 818 sqr KM. It is home to a large number of rare and endangered species which includes Tiger, Leopard cat, Slath beer, rinosaurs (One horn), Hispid hare, Elephants, Black deer& Swamp deer etc.